Are you ready for the perfect gift or a baby or toddler? Learn how to sew these Easy DIY baby headband pattern free sewing, This Knot Bow Headband Pattern and Tutorial is simple to make and looks adorable on any little girl!
I am totally gushing over these because as you can see they are ridiculously cute!!! And because I think that every little girl should wear one, I put together a FREE Pattern and tutorial for you! The pattern includes a Knot Bow Headband Pattern for girls sizes Newborn – 2T. There are 4 different sizes you can make and come with easy to download instructions. Yay. And better yet, it is a super simple and fast DIY. Like 15 minutes. Seriously. My favorite kind of project!
The headband sewing pattern has been updated to also include sizes: small child, child, and teen/adult. So now you can use the pattern to make a headband in any size.
**** The pattern now also includes fabric requirements, recommendations, and helpful sewing notions. There is also a video tutorial to guide you on how to se it.
If you are new to sewing knits I have included some helpful tools below. The Knot Bow Pattern PDF comes in several sizes and options:
- Narrow Knot Bow Sewing Pattern and Wide Knot Bow Sewing Pattern
- 0 – 3 Months
- 6 – 12 Months
- 12 – 18 Months
Table of contents
Knot Bow Headband Instructions
Learn to make your own DIY Headband with these easy instructions and the video for sewing the Knot Bow Headband Pattern. You will need to download the Knot Bow Headband Sewing Pattern (available in sizes baby - Adult) located in the resource library. You can click on the graphic leading to it in the post or find it in the navigation menu located at the top of the site.
- Stretch Thread
- 1/4 Yard Knit Fabric (Jersey or Interlock)
- Starch (Optional)
- Walking Foot
- Ballpoint/Microtex Needle
- Scissors or Rotary Cutter
- Step 1 - Fold the fabric in half Right Sides Together (RST) and place Knot Bow Headband Pattern piece on it with the short end on the fold.
- Step 2 - Place Knot Bow Headband Pattern Pieces RST.
- Step 3 - Pin in place.
- Step 4 - Sew around raw edges of the Headband using a 1/4" seam leaving a 1" opening.
- Step 5 - Trim ends to reduce bulk and turn right side out. Step 6 -Slipstitch 1" opening closed.
Tips on using different types of Knit Fabrics:
Jersey Knit is a stretchier type of knit fabric but tends to roll when the edges are cut, making it more difficult to sew. To remedy this it is helpful to spray the fabric with starch and iron before cutting.
Interlock Knit is a more stable knit and while it doesn't stretch as much it tends to be more stable when sewing, does not roll when cut and does not require starching and ironing before cutting the fabric.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Other Posts You Might Enjoy
- 50+ Cutest Baby Sewing Projects
- Woven Knot Bow Headband Pattern for Cricut Maker with SVG
- 15+ Headband Patterns
- Baby Hat Sewing Pattern
- Top Knot Baby Hat Sewing Pattern
- DIY Baby Leggings Pattern
- Knit Swaddler Pattern
- Baby Bib Pattern in 4 Sizes
Here are some of the pretty little headbands I made for Christmas gifts using the Headband Pattern. Adorbs!
The fabric I used above is organic knit from Spoonflower. I absolutely love Spoonflower, the trendiness, and a variety of designs crazy. I mean, they are so spot-on, on what is new and cool. If you don’t know about Spoonflower yet, it is a print on demand company where you can make your own designs or use other designers.
There are lots of fabric types to choose from, and they even print wrapping paper! Watch out Christmas! A few details about the type of knit fabric. It is Organic Cotton Interlock, and comes printed 56″. It is a little stiff when you first get it from the printing, but once washed softens right up.
Knot Bow Headband Pattern Supplies Needed
- Jersey Knit Fabric with at least 50% stretch
- Clear Plastic Ruler
- Rotary Cutter
- Self Healing Mat
- Walking Foot (* Optional but very helpful)
- Pins or Clips
- Stretch Thread
- Jersey Ball Point Needle
- Knot Bow Headband Pattern (Located in the Resource Library)
Download the Pattern
Assemble the Pattern
If you haven’t sewn with knits before I recommend using a walking foot and some stretch thread in the bottom. Add a stretch stitch and easy as pie! You can check out the tribal knot headband and the strawberry knot headband I made last year to go with Ava’s outfits.
Baby Headband Pattern Instructions
- Step 1 – Fold fabric in half Right Sides Together (RST) and place Knot Bow Headband Pattern piece on it with the short end on the fold.
- Step 2 – Place Knot Bow Headband Pattern Pieces RST.
- Step 3 – Pin in place.
- Step 4 – Sew around raw edges of the Knot Bow Headband using a 1/4″ seam leaving a 1″ opening.
- Step 5 – Trim ends to reduce bulk and turn right side out. Step 6 -Slipstitch 1″ opening closed.
Watch the Video on Youtube
***** You can find the Knot Bow Headband Pattern in the Resource Library.
*** If you need tips for sewing with knits check out this Guide to Sewing with Knits from Heather Handmade.
Sunday 18th of July 2021
Friday 14th of May 2021
Thank you for the pattern! Can you tell me the mesures for the pattern 0-3 months, please? I've tried to print but the mesures are wrong.
Wednesday 10th of February 2021
Takitaki.be is not the employer of the ts escorts brussels in Belgium introduced on our internet pages.
Free Patterns for Beginners
Wednesday 30th of December 2020
[…] Knit Headband or Knit Hat (also seen above with the matching leggings) : I don’t know what more I can say, […]
Thursday 19th of November 2020
when i try to get the pdf pattern it brings me to your resource library, which is password protected. How can i access this pattern?