The final week is here you guys! I am so excited to finally be putting this bad boy all together. Seriously I'm geeking out y'all over how this one turned out. The scrappy version of the Nordic Crossing Quilt is just as delightful, although totally different than the four colorway version.
I mean aren't the prints from this fabric line just stunning set in this pattern? The fabrics in this version of the quilt is by Sonata by Amy Sinibaldi combined with solids. The coordinating solids bundle is from Cottoneer Fabrics, and works perfectly in combination with the prints.
Nordic Crossing Quilt Along
Dates: January 8 – February 26 Duration: 8 Weeks Quilt Size: 48″ x 48″ but you are welcome to make any size you would like to Get the Nordic Crossing Quilt Kit from Cottoneer Fabrics
- Week One: Gather and cut fabrics, Make your first block or a test block
- Week Two: Make 8 Square in a Square Blocks
- Week Three: Make 8 Square in a Square Blocks
- Week Four: Make 9 Plus Blocks
- Week Five: Make 32 Flying Geese Blocks
- Week Six: Make 32 Flying Geese Blocks
- Week Seven: Piece together rows
- Week Eight: Sew together rows. Quilt or send out for quilting.
HOW TO FOLLOW ALONG:
- Follow along on Instagram using the hashtag #nordiccrossingquilt or join the facebook group.
- RSVP (below) for the Quilt Along
- A new blog post and video will be up each Monday of the quilt along.
Nordic Crossing Quilt Kit or Fabric Requirements Below:
There will be some great weekly prizes totaling over a $500 value along the way for the participants who post to the #nordiccrossingquilt hashtag on Instagram. Be sure to check out the sponsors below!
- Sew rows together and quilt or send out to be quilted.
- Remember to use the hashtag #nordiccrossingquilt on intagram.
GRAB THE PATTERN
If you don’t have the pattern already, grab your copy in the shop. As I mentioned last week, I am making a scrappy version so all my center blocks will be different fabric prints and I love how they all look together.
Thank you to our sponsors this week: Half Yard Bundle of Kaleidoscope Cottons from Riley Blake Designs