Can you feel how close we are to putting together a finished the Nordic Crossing Quilt? These week we are making the last of ours blocks with 32 flying geese. Next week we will finally start piecing all the rows together and start to see how the quilt will look when its finished. So exciting! This is where I get really antsy and am just ready to put it all together to see how it looks. So close, but until then just lay out all your flying geese and admire them 😉
Nordic Crossing Quilt Along
Dates: January 8 – February 26 Duration: 8 Weeks Quilt Size: 48″ x 48″ but you are welcome to make any size you would like Get the Nordic Crossing Quilt Kit from Cottoneer Fabrics
- Week One: Gather and cut fabrics, Make your first block or a test block
- Week Two: Make 8 Square in a Square Blocks
- Week Three: Make 8 Square in a Square Blocks
- Week Four: Make 9 Plus Blocks
- Week Five: Make 32 Flying Geese Blocks
- Week Six: Make 32 Flying Geese Blocks
- Week Seven: Piece together rows
- Week Eight: Sew together rows. Quilt or send out for quilting.
HOW TO FOLLOW ALONG:
- Follow along on Instagram using the hashtag #nordiccrossingquilt or join the facebook group.
- RSVP (below) for the Quilt Along
- A new blog post will be up each Monday of the quilt along.
There will be some great weekly prizes totaling over a $500 value along the way for the participants who post to the #nordiccrossingquilt hashtag on Instagram. Be sure to check out the sponsors below!
- Make 32 Flying Geese
- Remember to use the hashtag #nordiccrossingquilt on intagram.
GRAB THE PATTERN
If you don’t have the pattern already, grab your copy in the shop. As I mentioned last week, I am making a scrappy version so all my center blocks will be different fabric prints and I love how they all look together.Thank you to our sponsors this week: Cottoneer Curated Fabric Exchange – $50 store credit. Flamingo Toes – 3 Patterns of choice and copy of her new book Vintage Home.