Welcome to week 7 of the Nordic Crossing Quilt Along. This is the week that we get to start piecing rows and really see what the quilt is going to look like when it is finally all pieced together. This is probably my favorite weeks of the entire sew along.
Laying out all the colors of this vibrant scrappy version was so fun as I watched all the beautiful fabrics come together. The fabrics in this version of the quilt is by Sonata by Amy Sinibaldi combined with solids. The coordinating solids bundle is from Cottoneer Fabrics. After this week all we will need to do is sew all the rows together and you will have your gorgeous new quilt!
Nordic Crossing Quilt Along
Dates: January 8 – February 26 Duration: 8 Weeks Quilt Size: 48″ x 48″ but you are welcome to make any size you would like Get the Nordic Crossing Quilt Kit from Cottoneer Fabrics
- Week One: Gather and cut fabrics, Make your first block or a test block
- Week Two: Make 8 Square in a Square Blocks
- Week Three: Make 8 Square in a Square Blocks
- Week Four: Make 9 Plus Blocks
- Week Five: Make 32 Flying Geese Blocks
- Week Six: Make 32 Flying Geese Blocks
- Week Seven: Piece together rows
- Week Eight: Sew together rows. Quilt or send out for quilting.
HOW TO FOLLOW ALONG:
- Follow along on Instagram using the hashtag #nordiccrossingquilt or join the facebook group.
- RSVP (below) for the Quilt Along
- A new blog post and video will be up each Monday of the quilt along.
There will be some great weekly prizes totaling over a $500 value along the way for the participants who post to the #nordiccrossingquilt hashtag on Instagram. Be sure to check out the sponsors below!
- Piece blocks into rows.
- Remember to use the hashtag #nordiccrossingquilt on intagram.
GRAB THE PATTERN
If you don’t have the pattern already, grab your copy in the shop. As I mentioned last week, I am making a scrappy version so all my center blocks will be different fabric prints and I love how they all look together.Thank you to our sponsors this week: Fantastic Long arm quilting services for one quilt from Handmade by Heather Alexander