The 4th of July is a great time to break out the red, white, and blue! You’re going to love all the inspiration for this list of 50 plus 4th of July Sewing Projects. No matter what type of sewing you like to do, there is a 4th of July DIY here for you.
- Patriotic Quilt Patterns to Sew for the 4th of July
- 15+ Fun Summer Quilt Patterns
- 50+ Free Summer Sewing Projects
50+ 4th of July Sewing Projects + DIY Patriotic Patterns
4th of July Sewing Projects: Skirt and Dress Patterns and Tutorials
- Gingham 4th of July Skirt Pattern – this double layer skirt pattern is easy to use with lots of prints but looks super cute with gingham.
- Red, white, and blue ruffle skirt tutorial – This girls ruffle skirt is an adorable way to use lots of different novelty fabrics!
- 4th of July tiered skirt tutorial – 3 tiers makes this skirt lots of fun!
- 4th of July Ruffle Flag Skirt Tutorial – I love how this skirt reminds me of the grand flag bunting that you see hanging all over during this time of year.
- DIY Bandana Skirt Tutorial – This DIY Bandana skirt is uber cute. I might wear one for myself!
- Ruffle Hem Wrap Skirt Tutorial – This adult skirt is gorgeous and would look perfect for the 4th of July.
- Flat Front Skirt Pattern – This is perfect for any girl on the 4th of July.
- Easy Bandana Dress – Using a pillowcase dress style to make a simple bandana dress
- American Doll 4th of July Top – Dress your American Girl doll up for the 4th of July too with this free pattern.
- Stars and Stripes Knit Dress – This comfy knit dress tutorial show you all the steps to make this dress.
- Anchors Away Sailor Dress – This really cute girls 4th of July dress pattern would be perfect for the holiday.
4th of July Sewing Projects: T-shirts DIY
- Red, white, and cool – although this doesn’t involve sewing it is really fun for the 4th of July
- Stars 4th of July shirt – this is a really fun way to turn a plain t-shirt into a festive 4th of July shirt with fabric scraps.
- DIY Pocket T-shirt with American Silhouette Applique – This is a really festive way to make a plain t-shirt patriotic.
- Bandana Flag T-shirt – You can turn your old bandanas into a simple patriotic t-shirt.
- Stars and Stripes Applique – Easy tutorial to use some fabric scraps for your holiday t-shirt
- Ruffle American Flag – Use some knit scraps and sew up this flag quickly
- No Sew Flag T-shirts – All you need is some ric-rac, ribbon, and fusible tape to whip these up for the 4th of July.
- American Applique T-shirt – Use the background of the t-shirt to contrast with the America applique pattern.
- Abstract American Flag Applique – This abstract version of the American Flag is perfect if you don’t want to cut a ton of tiny pieces.
4th of July Sewing Projects: Accessories
- Patriotic dress and tote pattern – this foldup bag is perfect for the 4th of July.
- Easy DIY Pinwheel Hairclips – these are no-sew but are super cute and could even be made with fabric.
- 4th of July Ruffle Apron Pattern – You will look so patriotic cooking out in this apron on the 4th of July.
- Upcycled T-shirt Headband – Upcycle some old t-shirt to make these red, white, and blue headbands.
- All American Tote Pattern – This totally American tote will look perfect on parade day.
- Bandana Braided Headband Tutorial – Use some red, white, and blue bandanas to make this easy headband.
- DIY 4th of July Candy Pouches – Bring these adorable candy pouches to the parade to collect all your goodies.
- 4th of July Tote Bag – This nautically inspired 4th of July tote is perfect for heading to the beach or pool.
- 4th of July Reversible Apron – Sew this fun reversible apron to use while grilling out on the holiday weekend.
4th of July Sewing Projects: Patriotic Quilts
- DIY bandana blanket quilt pattern – this is the perfect blanket to sit and watch the fireworks on.
- Stars and windows quilt pattern – I think this quilt pattern would translate beautifully for the 4th of July.
- Star Spangled Pineapple Quilt Pattern – This is a fun way to combine summer cookouts and patriotism.
- American Flag Block Quilt – Wouldn’t this be a great quilt to sit on and watch the fireworks?
- American Flag Rag Quilt – What a fun rag quilt pattern.
- Summer Sparkle Quilt – This classic start block makes a great 4th of July quilt.
- American Flag Quilt – This classic American flag quilt is so patriotic.
- American Flag Mini Quilt– These adorable mini quilts would look perfect as a table centerpiece.
- 4th of July Star Block Quilt – Another great 4th of July quilt using classic star blocks.
- Celebration Quilt Pattern – Mix several different types of stars and stripes to make this 4th of July quilt.
- Lady Bug Liberty Mini Quilt Pattern – This is an adorable mini quilt pattern that would look great on your table.
- Independence Day Quilt Block Patterns – This set of Independence Day quilt block patterns can be made into a 4th of July Quilt.
4th of July Sewing Projects: Home Decor
- Ribbon and Lace USA Flag – If you have lots of ribbon and trim laying around this would be a great way to use them up.
- Grand Old Silverware Holder – this is a simple way to dress up your 4th of July table.
- Chenille Star-Banner – This is so festive and would make the perfect door hanging for the 4th of July
- Dresden Garland Banner – Make a grand bunting banner using Dresden blocks.
- Summer Barbeque Bowl Covers – Dress up your tablescape with these patriotic bowl covers.
- 4th of July Hand Embroidery Pattern – You can use these hand embroidery patterns to decorate tea towels or make 4th of July hoop art.
- Red, White, and Blue DIY Dish Towel – Make a patriotic dish towel with this easy tutorial.
- DIY Star Spangled Banner – Upcycle some denim to make this fun 4th of July banner.
- 4th of July Table Runner Tutorial – Decorate your dining table with this beautiful patriotic table runner.
4th of July Sewing Projects: Pillow Patterns and Tutorials
- Flag Pillow Block – Add some decor to your front porch with this flag pillow block.
- American Flag Heart Pillow – This super sweet pillow is all about your love of country.
- DIY Scrappy American Flag Pillow – This pillow is a great way to use your scraps for some 4th of July decor.
- Free Patriotic Pillow Pattern – America shaped applique on this pillow is great to mix different fabrics.
- Patriotic Color Block Pillow– Make a simple pillow with this color block style.
- Patriotic Dresden Pillow – what is better than a Dresden pillow for showing off your red, white, and blue fabrics.
- Stars and Stripes Forever Pillow Pattern – Make some star-shaped pillows for the 4th of July that your kids will love.
- Stars and Stripes Pillow Pattern – Free stars and striped pillow block pattern.
- America Pillow Pattern Kit – This adorable Americana pillow pattern kit comes with pre-fused applique to make it eeasy to
- Ruffled American Flag Pattern – Great farmhouse style pillow that will go well with your Americana 4th of July.
- Patriotic Stars Pillow – Follow this tutorial to make a beautiful 4th of July Pillow.
Also, check out my list of Patriotic Inspired girls sewing patterns.