Easy Potholders - Free Quilted Potholder Pattern
Heat Up Your Kitchen Style with Our FREE Quilted Potholder Pattern!
Here is a Free Quilted Potholder Pattern for all you kitchen champs and DIY lovers! Who says practical can't be pretty? Today, we're diving into a super fun project that's all about adding a touch of charm to your kitchen – a FREE quilted potholder pattern. Let's spice up your culinary space in style! This is a quick and simple sew and can be used with your favorite scrap fabrics. Even better, you can quilt it or not quilt it.
Table of Contents
Why Choose to Quilt Potholders?
First things first, why bother with quilted potholders when you can easily buy plain ones? Well, picture this: You're whipping up a sizzling masterpiece in the kitchen, and you reach for a homemade, quilted potholder. Not only does it save your fingers from sizzling surprises, but it also adds a pop of personality to your cooking routine.
The Marvelous FREE Quilted Potholder Pattern
Our free quilted potholder pattern is your golden ticket to crafting kitchen essentials that are as cute as they are practical. Whether you're a seasoned pro with a sewing machine or a newbie looking for a fun project, this pattern has got you covered.
A Splash of DIY Charm
One of the best things about this project is that it's incredibly beginner-friendly. You don't need a ton of sewing experience to dive in, which makes it a perfect starter project for those looking to hone their crafty skills.
More Potholder Patterns You Might Like
- Read also: 15+ Free Pot Holder Patterns
- DIY Pumpkin Pot Holder Tutorial,
- Quilted Christmas Pot Holders
Gather your materials: a few fat quarters that speaks to your soul, matching thread, a sewing machine, and batting for that extra heat protection. Oh, and don't forget your imagination! This is your chance to pick fabrics that match your kitchen's color scheme or go wild with patterns that reflect your personality.
- 2 Fat Quarters
- 1 Package 1/2" Double Fold Bias Tape or 1/2 Yard Contrasting Fabric to Make Your Own
- Heat Resistant Batting
Easy Quilted Potholder Tutorial
Let the Sewing Begin
With your FREE quilted potholder pattern and materials ready, it's time to get down to business. The pattern comes with step-by-step instructions that are as easy as pie. You'll be amazed at how quickly you can whip up a set of charming potholders.
- 2 Fat Quarters
- 1 Package 1/2" Bias Tape
- Cotton Batting Scraps
- Heat Resistant Batting
- Sewing Machine
- Polyester Thread
- Sewing Machine Needle
- Pins or Clips
- Using the pattern piece, cut out 2 front pieces and two back pieces and 2 of heat resistant batting. Sandwich the batting in between front and back pieces. Alternatively, if you are going to quilt the potholder, you can cut out only the front piece and sandwich it with squares of batting and the backing that are slightly larger than the front piece and trim the edges after you are done quilting.
- You will also need 48 inches of bias tape. You can either make it or buy it. There are some really cute trims by Vintage Door on etsy.
- Pin the raw edge of the bias tape RST on the raw edge of the potholder sandwich. Fold the lead edge over so the raw edge is not exposed like the picture shown above.
- Sew the bias tape 1/2 inch from the raw edges of the tape and potholder.
- Overlap the end of the tape about an inch or so as shown above
- Using the remaining bias tape stitch the tape closed by sewing 1/8 inch from the raw edge. Cut into 2 strips of 4 inches.
- Pin or clip the overlapped edges of the binding closed so it forms one continuous piece.
- Fold over the back edge of the potholder and pin or clip to hold in place. Fold the 4-inch
fabric strip of bias tape in half and insert under the binding on the corner.
- Pin in place. Sew around the tape 1/8 inch on the inside edge of the tape. Backstitch to secure. Repeat for the other pot holder. You are all finished! And now you have the perfect DIY gift for any occasion.
Cooking with Flair
Remember, it's not just about protecting your hands; it's about infusing your kitchen with your unique style. These quilted potholders will not only make your culinary adventures safer but also more delightful.
So, whether you're a seasoned pro or a newbie eager to learn, this FREE quilted potholder pattern is the perfect project to take on. Download it today, and let's add a pinch of DIY charm to your kitchen! Happy crafting, and bon appétit!
You can see the Quilted Christmas Potholders I made for last minute gifts using this pattern.