Eeek! Have you heard, Cricut has come out with a new machine called the Cricut Maker? But they also have the Cricut Explore Air 2 and you want to know which one you should buy? Well I am here to give you all the details on the the Cricut Maker vs. Cricut Explore Air 2. After this comparison of the Cricut Maker vs. Cricut Explorer Air 2 you should be able to decide which machine is right for you.
Cricut Maker vs. Cricut Explore Air 2
First off, the Cricut Maker is a totally revolutionary machine in terms of how cutting machines are made. While the Cricut Explore Air 2 is a newer and better version of the Cricut Explorer, with the Cricut Maker they went back to the drawing board and completely redesigned the cutting mechanism increasing the force available so it can now cut hundreds of type of fabric, chip board, and leather. They have even taken it a step further and made two new cutting tools! Can you guess what one of them is? Yep you guessed it. A rotary blade! And they made the rotary blade head with brass to ensure that the machine can direct the force where it needs to while making small cuts without it wearing out. They also made a heavy duty knife blade that will be able to cut both the leather and chip board. I’m totally excited about being able to cut leather to make straps and bag label accessories.
- Cost is $399
- Cricut Maker cuts hundreds of types of fabric without bonding, leather, chip board, iron on vinyl, vinyl, cardstock
- Cricut Maker has two new types of blades, the rotary blade and knife blade available for more cutting options in addition to the fine blade that comes with it.
- Cricut Maker can cut digital sewing patterns available through design space.
- Cricut Maker has a pen holder that can be used for making art and gift tags with fine point pens. Also comes with a new washable fabric marker.
- Comes with more storage space for holding accessories. There are two cups on the left side of the machine and a deeper tray to hold blades and pens.
- Cricut Maker does not have an open button, simply lift the lid.
- The Cricut Maker also lacks a knob to choose your material, it syncs with your computer or tablet and choose your settings from there.
- There is a slot on the top of the machine to hold your phone or tablet and a HDMI cable outlet to plug your tablet in, so you no longer need your computer to connect to your machine.
- Comes in sleek white and grey color.
Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cost is $249
- Cricut Explore Air 2 cuts bonded fabric, iron on vinyl, vinyl, card stock, and several other crafting materials.
- Explorer Air 2 comes with fine knife blade.
- Cricut Explorer Air 2 has double tool holder for a pen that can be used for making art and gift tags with fine point pens.
- Comes with storage space for holding accessories.
- Cricut Explore Air 2 has knob on right side of the machine to select type of material for cutting.
- Has access to design space for hundreds of different types of projects.
- Works with Cricut Cartridges.
- Comes in three different color options.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.