Hey ya'll! I've been getting my pattern drafting groove on lately and I have one more FREE Sewing Pattern for you. This time I have a sweet A-line pillowcase top. I love how pillowcase tops are so easy to sew, but I am not a fan of how baggy and boxy they can be.
So, I drafted an A-line to give it a little shape and added a sweet ruffle. You can easily take this from a top to a dress by adding your desired length. This dress is a quick sew and you can even personalize it by adding monogram like I did.
Free Pillowcase Dress Pattern Tutorial
- With Right Sides Together, straight stitch down the sides of the dress
- Sew ruffle strips together at the shorts with right sides facing each other.
- Fold joined ruffle strip together lengthwise with the wrong sides facing each other.
- Matching the side seams align the raw edges of the ruffle strip and the dress. The right side of the dress will be facing the right side of the ruffle strip. The form fold or ruffle strip about 1 inch in width. Repeat every two inches or so.
- Using a 1/2" seam ruffle strip to the bottom of the dress. Overcast or zig-zag stitch if preferred.
- Using single fold bias strip tape, pin, and sew the bias tape to the armhole with a 1/4" inch seam allowance. Bias tape and dress will be right sides together at this point.
- Fold the bias tape to the inside of the dress (wrong sides together) so that there is not any bias tape showing on the outside.
- Using a 1/2" seam allowance straight stitch along the armhole being sure to catch the bias tape in the seam.
- Fold the top of the dress over 1/4" to the inside and press.
- Fold the top of the dress over another 1" on the inside and press. Straight stitch 7/8" from the top edge of the dress to form the casing for the dress. Repeat for both sides of the dress.
- Attach a pin to the ribbon and pull through the casing.
- Leave enough ribbon on the edge of the shoulder strap and cut the ribbon to the desired length.
Joseph Okiring says
Good work may God bless the work of your hands
I can't get the pattern to download. It just gives me an error!
Joseph Okiring says
God to expand this great work for you to reach many nations for your gift