15+ Free Baby Hat Sewing Patterns and Tutorials that you will love to sew! Is there anything more adorable than a baby hat? Ok, maybe the baby itself! But besides those cute little chubby cheeks, baby hats have to be on the list of cutest things to make.
You will love this list of scrumptious baby hats and bonnets to sew.
With so much cuteness you will want to make one of each for the new baby!
More Baby Sewing Posts:
- 50+ Cutest Baby Sewing Projects
- Sherpa Fleece Baby Blanket Tutorial
- Minky Fitted Crib Sheet Tutorial
- DIY Baby Leggings
- Free Baby Bib Pattern
- Knot Bow Headband
15+ Free Baby Hat Sewing Patterns and Tutorials to Make
1. Baby Hat Sewing Pattern – This free baby hat sewing pattern is available in sizes preemie through 12 months and is perfect for infants and big babies.
Top Knot Baby Hat Pattern – This adorable baby hat pattern is FREE and comes in sizes preemie – 24 months. This will be your favorite baby hat pattern!
4. Tulip Petal Sun Hat Pattern – This free baby sunhat pattern is available in sizes 2-5 years and is the perfect hat to shade your baby for a day at the beach or a playdate in the park.
2. Knotted Turban Style Baby Hat – These adorable free baby hat sewing patterns blend the traditional baby hat with the trendy turban style baby hat.
5. Baby Beanie with Teddy Bear Ears – This adorable baby hat pattern doesn’t list a size but provides instructions for measuring baby’s head and adjusting the pattern accordingly. Make a couple to keep your little one warm and cozy!
6. Free Baby Bonnet Pattern – This sweet little baby sun hat pattern ties under the chin and has cute little ruffles to add some summer fun to your baby’s fashion options. The pattern is available in a 6-12 month size.
7. Baby Sunbonnet – This free baby sunbonnet pattern is available in sizes 0-24 months and is the perfect hat to protect baby’s delicate skin from the bright sun of summer days!
8. Winter Baby Bonnet – This free winter baby bonnet pattern is available in sizes 0-24 months and is the sherpa lining makes it the perfect hat to keep baby warm during cold winter days!
3. Baby Top Knot Hat Tutorial – Knit baby hats come together quickly and require a small amount of fabric (perfect for scraps!). This baby hat pattern is available in sizes 0-6 months.
9. Trio of Baby Hats – This baby hat pattern includes a pattern for a rounded hat and one for a knot hat. The third hat option can be made by cutting some little half circles and adding them to the rounded hat to make it into an eared hat.
10. Double Top Knot Baby Hat Free Sewing Pattern – This adorable baby hat is easy enough that a beginner can sew it. It is available in sizes Newborn, 3-6 and 6-12 months.
11. Baby Hats – This video tutorial teaches you to make simple baby hats. Get creative by adding a little pompom or other ball/trim on top to make a fun variety of options.
12. Baby Hat with Chin Straps – This adorable fleece baby hat is reversible and has chin straps to keep baby from pulling off the hat! The baby hat pattern is available in sizes “Child Medium” (2-3 Years), “Child Small” (1-2 Years), “Baby Large” (6-12 Months), and “Baby Medium” (3-6 Months).
13. Reversible Baby Beanie – This baby hat tutorial teaches you how to sew reversible baby beanies from a pre-printed, cut and sew fabric available on Spoonflower.
14. Newborn Knotted Hat Tutorial and Free Pattern – This newborn knotted hat tutorial includes a tutorial for creating a vinyl stencil to personalize your fabric before sewing your baby hat!
15. Basic Fleece Hat With Ribbon Tutorial – This fleece baby hat has a cute little ribbon detail that is adorable on little girls! The tutorial includes easy sew options if you have a “button-hole phobia” and a cute tip for switching out the ribbon to make the hat match different outfits!
16. DIY baby sun hat and matching baby Mary Jane shoes – This cute free baby sunhat and shoes pattern only requires two matching cotton fabrics and a little bit of velcro for the shoes. The perfect baby shower gift!