According to FTC regulations, all bloggers are required to disclose how they earn money on their blog. I think this is a wonderful way to be transparent and avoid any misunderstandings!
So here’s how I earn a little from my content.
How I make my money:
- The sponsor ads you see on the sidebar, and similar. If you click on an advert and buy a product, I will receive a commission. You will not pay any extra for your purchase.
- There are also Adsense adverts for which I receive a small payment based on the number of views, and there is no commission payable if you click through and participate in any offers from these adverts.
- A few affiliate links via Amazon that you’ll find throughout the site, and on the Shop tab. If you click through and buy, again I receive a small commission, but you pay no extra for your purchase.
- From time to time I may publish downloadable content such as an e-book which I may ask you to pay for, or may be free. E-books may also contain affiliate links.
- Occasionally, I may also do sponsored blog posts. This can be paid in three ways – either a free product is given to review, or a cash payment is made for the post, or I may receive no payment and only get a commission on any resulting sales.
- Text link adverts may appear on my posts and my pages. The adverts and links are not selected by me, but are meant to represent my ‘key words’ and provide external links to other relevant content. I receive a small payment if you click on these adverts to view other sites.
I don’t receive any income or benefit from hosting giveaways on this site – they are simply there for the benefit of my readers.
Being paid for positive blog posts.
Absolutely not. My views here are all my own. I try to only write about products, services and topics I think will be of interest to my readers. And I won’t write about something I don’t like just for the money – you can be sure of that. All reviews posted here will be genuine recommendations.
Why use the blog to generate income at all?
I love blogging but it does take a significant amount of time create content for this blog. Time I could otherwise be spending with my family, The small amount of income that is generated on this blog goes directly back into this blog to pay for hosting, website fees, software for patterns, and fabric for projects. My readers trust is very important to me and I take honest disclosure very seriously. I will NEVER sacrifice my integrity to earn money dishonestly from my readers. So you can trust in the fact that nothing on my blog is a scam to get your money.
The formal policy:
This policy is valid from 1 August 2014
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Shelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking Coral and Co to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.